3

New Mental Gym Layout?

Published on Thursday, February 26, 2009 in ,

BrainI'd like to ask for your opinions on a potential new feature I'm considering adding to the Mental Gym.

Most of the instructions on the Mental Gym are set up with separate pages. What I'm considering doing is changing them so that the different parts can all be viewed on the same page.

For example, here is how the magic square instructional section currently looks. When modified as I'm thinking of doing, the magic square section would look and act something like this (Update: link to test version has been removed). You simply use the right and left arrows to move back and forth through the various sections.

What do you think? Do you prefer the old way or the new way? Do you have any other suggestions to improve the Mental Gym pages? I'd love to hear your ideas and opinions in the comments!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

Post Details

3 Response to New Mental Gym Layout?

Anonymous
5:51 PM

I prefer the current layout. The new layout looks a little cumbersome and the arrows may not be noticed. Just my 2 cents. Whatever you decide is cool. I love your site!

Anonymous
6:56 PM

I agree with the above poster, the arrows may be missed and it just seems a little clunky and cumbersome. What would be cool is to add links to pages within the feat such as a seperate link to the dates in other centuries page of the Day for Any date feat, that way I don't have to keep hitting next until I hit the page I'm looking for, just a suggestion. Otherwise everything's great

1:06 PM

Jay, I liked your idea about links to jump to pages in the Mental Gym!

If you check the Mental Gym now, all the feats with 2 or more pages now have such links. Thanks again for the idea!